1ST TERM 2016-2017 Enrolment Procedure and Guidelines
UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS
The Graduate School
1st TERM AY 2016-2017 ENROLMENT PROCEDURE
ENROLMENT PROCEDURE (NEW STUDENTS)
Step 1: Fill out pre-enrolment form. (RM 310)
Step 2: Seek enrolment consultant’s advice and approval. (Rooms 201-204)
*No Student Handbook, no enrolment approval.
Step 3: Request for subject encoding. (Room 205)
Step 4a: Request for assessment of fees. (Room 405)
4b: Pay enrolment fees. (Room 405)
Step 5: Request for student I.D. (Room 403)
*Proceed to the Health Service for physical examination and immunization.
ENROLMENT PROCEDURE (OLD STUDENTS)
Step 1: Fill out the OBE Course Reflective Vignette. (TARC Lobby)
*The number of forms to be submitted depends on the number of courses completed in the previous term.
*Those who have filled out the form prior to enrolment may proceed to TARC Auditorium right away.
Step 2a: Request for clearance. (TARC Boardroom 3rd Floor)
*Viewing of grades may be done at the LRU (1st Floor)
* Requirements: (if applicable)
- Grades in Independent Research, copy of the journal article and/or the journal where the paper was published
- WCE Grades/Certification for 2ND Term AY 2015-2016 and Special Term TW1 Enrolees
- Physical Examination Certificate
- OBE Course Reflective Vignette
- Change of Status Form (for those on probationary status)
- Completion Grade(s)
- Academic Writing
- Psychological Test/Health Service Clearance
- Clearance from the Library
2b: Fill out pre-enrolment form. (TARC Auditorium)
Step 3: Seek enrolment consultant’s advice and approval. (Rooms 201-204)
*No Student Handbook, no enrolment approval.
*Foreign students, please proceed to the Registrar’s Office for clearance.
Step 4: Request for subject encoding. (Room 205)
Step 5a: Request for assessment of fees. (Room 405)
5b: Pay enrolment fees. (Room 405)
Step 5: Request for I.D. validation. (Room 403
PROCEDURE FOR CHANGING or DROPPING COURSES
- Fill out the change of subject(s) form. (Form 6A).
- Seek the approval of the Faculty Secretary.
- Proceed to the encoding section (Room 205 during enrolment period or Dean’s Office after the enrolment period)
- Proceed to the assessor for printing of Form 6. (Room 404 during enrolment period or Accounting Office after the enrolment period)
- Pay the processing fee (Room 404 during enrolment period or at the Cashier’s Office after the enrolment period)
- Submit a photocopy of the revised registration form to the Dean’s Office.
Note: Make sure that the processing fee of Php 20.00 is paid. Otherwise, the change of courses will not be effected.
- No Student Handbook, no enrolment approval.
- No OBE Course Reflective Vignette, no enrolment clearance. (Students who are now writing their theses/dissertations and who did not enroll in any course the previous term are not required to fill out the form.)
- Course conversion, e.g., major to core, core to major, cognate to major, is highly discouraged as the prospectus dictates how these courses have to be treated. Doing so will minimize problems encountered during student academic evaluation.
- Please ensure that you have already finished your coursework, i.e., have earned sufficient units (6 pre-requisite, 9 core, 15 specialization for master’s; 9 Philosophy courses/applied courses and 30 specialization for doctoral) and have taken the Written Comprehensive Examination (WCE) before you enroll in TW 1/DW1.
- Returning students (those who have been inactive for one year or more) should see the Faculty Secretary for TOR evaluation.
- Enroll in courses meant for your program unless these courses are treated as cognates or simply courses you are interested in.
- The maximum academic load for students during a regular semester is twelve (12) units. The exceptions are as follows: Those under scholarship - 18 units; Those about to graduate – 15 units. The minimum number of units, however, is six; only three units in the case of TW1 enrollees. Fill out the overload form if you wish to enroll in 15 units.
- Prioritize pre-requisite courses before taking other courses. Students who have not taken Research Methods are not allowed to enroll in Thesis Writing 1.
- Seek advice about the nature of courses with revised or new titles so that retaking the same courses will be avoided.
- Please note that old students will follow the old curricula while the new students shall follow the newly revised curricula. Old students, however, may enrol in the new courses offered this term.
- Graduates of non-thesis MA programs required to enroll in Independent Research (bridging program) are not allowed to enroll in specialization courses if they have not published their papers in reputable journals.
Download this guidelines
Download OBE form
1ST Term Course Offerings in PDF (right+click save target as)
(Course Offerings as of July 16, 2016 4pm. Subject to change without prior notice, always compare & verify downloaded copy with the GS TARC bulletin board)
- Architecture_Physical Planning
- Architecture_Urban Design
- Biology Education
- Biological Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Cultural Heritage Studies
- Creative Writing
- Development Studies_Economic Development
- Education_Curriculum & Instruction
- Educational Management & Leadership
- English Language Studies
- Fine Arts
- Food Science
- Guidance & Counseling
- Health Professions Education
- Hospital Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Library Science
- Management Engineering
- Marketing Communication
- Medical Physics
- Medical Technology
- Occupational Therapy
- Political Science
- Physical Therapy
- Public Administration
- Theology_Social Pastoral
- THESIS & DISSERTATION REQUIREMENT
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
(Course Offerings as of July 15, 2016 5pm. Subject to change without prior notice, always compare & verify downloaded copy with the GS TARC bulletin board)