THE UST GRADUATE SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION, INC.
The University of Santo Tomas Graduate School Alumni Association, Inc. (GSAAI) was officially incorporated in 1971. Since then until the present, it has endeavoured to faithfully observe the objectives for which it was created.
The objectives of the GSAAI are the following:
To establish a closer and stronger relationship between and among the UST Graduate School alumni through various programs, projects, and activities
To serve as an active conduit or link between the Graduate School and its alumni wherever they are situated, local or international, through various networks;
To provide opportunities and/or venues for the professional and personal growth of its alumni-members, through lecture series, symposia, conferences, among others;
To undertake projects that are scientific and/or academic in nature, through linkages with other learning institutions, local and international;
To extend humanitarian and charitable projects, primarily for the welfare of its alumni when deemed necessary, the community, especially the marginalized sector;
To participate and be actively involved in advocacy programs and issues of international, national and local interests;
To provide supplemental financial assistance to deserving Graduate School students in their thesis or dissertation writing.
Â GSAAI Official Residence
The GSAAI is located at Room 312 (third floor) of the new Alumni Center, named Buenaventura Garcia Paredes, O.P. Building (BGPOP).
Â Officers of GSAAI (2013-2015)
President : Ruben M. Nayve, Jr., Ph.D.
Vice President : Eduardo G. Ong, Ph.D.
Secretary : Fernando R. Pedrosa, Ph.D.
Asst. Secretary : Marie Ann S. Vargas, Ph.D.
Treasurer : Teresita C. Meer, Ph.D.
Asst. Treasurer : Michael Ryan C. Villegas, M.A.
Auditor : Sheila Marie G. Hocson, Ph.D.
PRO : Evangeline E. Timbang, MBA.
Board Members : Nancy C. Bartolome, Ph.D.
Richthofen C. De Jesus, M.A.
Amelita C. Del Rosario, Ph.D., DBA.
Maria Regina L. Policarpio, M.A.
Rodel A. Taton, DCL.
Enrico L. Torres, Ph.D.
Mafel C. Ysrael, Ph.D.
Spiritual Adviser : Rev. Fr. Jose Antonio E. Aureada, O.P., S.Th.D.
Office Staff : Mr. Gerald C. Casado
Contact No.: 09473917757
4.1 2nd Lecture Series: Climate Change: A Silent Killer?
Date: September 27, 2014
Venue: TARC Auditorium
4.2 3rd Lecture Series: On Governance: A Public Office, a Public Trust
Date: March 21, 2015
Venue: to be announced
4.3 Proposed Alumni Homecoming and Saint Antoninus Outstanding
Alumni Awards and Pierozzi Awards
Tentative Date: March 28, 2015
Venue: BGPOP Ballroom
Criteria for Saint Antoninus Outstanding Alumni Awards:
In general, nominees must be:
- outstanding. renowned, and peer-respected UST Graduate School alumni (either MA. MS, Ph.D. holders) in their respective professional practice;
- fulfilling the vision and mission of UST Graduate School, for the greater glory of the Institution, the Church, and the country
In particular, they must:
- have graduated from the UST Graduate School;
- possess the Thomasian core values of competence, commitment, and compassion;
- have greatly contributed to their respective field of expertise in the national or international community;
- have displayed extraordinary benevolence to the University of Santo Tomas as a whole, and to the UST Graduate School in particular, for the benefit of faculty, students, and alumni;
More specifically, they must:
- be lifetime members of the GSAAI;
- have practiced their respective programs or fields of specialization for at least five years;
- not be current officers of GSAAI and members of GSAAI Awards Committee;
- not be current UST administrators and academic officials.
5.1 Application for lifetime GSAAI Membership is now available.
Membership fee is P2,000.00 (privileges/benefits yet to be announced).
Please contact Mr Gerald C. Casado (GSAAI staff), at cp. no.
09473917757, or see him at Room 312 (third floor), GBGPOP Bldg., on
Tuesdays and Saturdays, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
5.2 Nominations for Saint Antoninus/Pierozzi Outstanding Alumni Awards.
are likewise open. Please inquire from the GSAAI staff for details